Orientation Day - September 9, 2016 - 9:00-11:00 a.m.
Orientation Day is designed to introduce your child to his or her teacher and classroom. Parents and children arrive sometime between 9:00 and 11:00 a.m., as assigned by the teachers, and usually stay 30 minutes. Look for a postcard from your child’s teachers with your assigned time. You may drop off your classroom supplies on this day. If you cannot attend orientation, all handouts will be available in the classrooms on the first day of school. Key Cards ($25.00), T-shirts ($10.00), cookbooks ($20.00) and tote bags ($7.00) will be available for purchase at New Families Orientation, Back to School Night and Orientation Day.
2016-2017 Class Supplies
- A complete change of clothes, including extra diapers, labeled, in the tote bag each day
- Three boxes of baby wipes
- Two small pump bottles of foam soap -One box of tissues
Groups IV, Pre-K & JK
- A complete change of clothes, labeled, in a bag to be left at school
- Two boxes of baby wipes
- One box of tissues
- Three small pump bottles of foam soap
*We may ask you to replenish a few supplies in January or February.
September Dates to Remember
- September 8 - New Families Orientation—6:00-6:45 p.m.
- September 8 Back to School Night—7:00-8:15 p.m.
- September 9 - Orientation Day—9:00-11:00 a.m.
- September 11 - Sunday School/Preschool Picnic
- September 12 - First Day of School
- September 19 - Extended Day Begins for Groups IV-Pre-K
- September 26 - Speech Screenings, Group III-JK
- September 26 - Extended Day Begins for Group III
*The Preschool Office is closed for the month of August. We will re-open on September 1.
Tote Bags, Key Cards, T-Shirts, Cookbooks!
All children are required to carry a tote bag to and from school. The child’s tote bag is the medium for communication between school staff and parents and can be used to carry snack, an extra change of clothes and paperwork. Tote bags can be purchased from the preschool office and can be used year after year. We also require that you have a key card for access to the church. The cost is $25.00. Returning families’ key cards will be activated on September 12th. If you have lost yours, new ones will be for sale. FPP t-shirts and our award-winning cookbooks are also for sale.
After School Programs
We will offer the following after school programs during different time slots throughout the school year to children in Groups IV, Pre-K and JK: Soccer Shots, Wee Little Arts, Pop, Hop and Rock, Spanish, Tinker and Yoga throughout the school year. More information will follow.